Just so we're clear
I'm not a dummy. I didn't "settle" for this job. I'm more educated than most people I deal with on a daily basis. In fact, I took part in an Ivy League University research study for children with well above average intelligence. So please, don't look down your nose at me. I chose this job.
I say that to say this - Don't lie to me. I'm going to find out and you won't like the repercussions. See, while I'm asking you questions, my mind is going a million miles a minute. Not only am I playing a game of mind chess, I'm watching your body's natural reaction to questions and answers. You don't even realize you're doing it, but you're body is telling me what I want to know. Add in the fact that I already know most of the questions I'm asking or have the ability to find the answers from a trusted source.
After all that, if you still want to play the game, by all means swing for the fences. Just know that I equate honesty and humility with leniency. Cockiness and deceit? Well just ask the guy sitting in lockup who forfeited his bosses vehicle and I assume his job not to mention his heap of legal fees.
You know, just so we're clear.
I say that to say this - Don't lie to me. I'm going to find out and you won't like the repercussions. See, while I'm asking you questions, my mind is going a million miles a minute. Not only am I playing a game of mind chess, I'm watching your body's natural reaction to questions and answers. You don't even realize you're doing it, but you're body is telling me what I want to know. Add in the fact that I already know most of the questions I'm asking or have the ability to find the answers from a trusted source.
After all that, if you still want to play the game, by all means swing for the fences. Just know that I equate honesty and humility with leniency. Cockiness and deceit? Well just ask the guy sitting in lockup who forfeited his bosses vehicle and I assume his job not to mention his heap of legal fees.
You know, just so we're clear.
Labels: arrest, pet peeve, stupidity, traffic stop


3 Comments:
Moe:
Damn, if I didn't know better, I'd swear that was ME talking...!
(Blame my Dad for bringing me up that way).
Stay safe out there, Boss!
Dear Moe,
The I.Q. test is already game, set, match. Who caught whom?
People will try anything. I am getting a double dose these days myself. Of course, I know yours is quadruple but still,
'who do ya think ya foolin'?'
Have a (nice?) day w/ the idjits,
Ann T.
Dear Moe,
Speaking of dumbasses, what happened w/ big balls, er, mouth? Has anyone dissed his big balls, er, mouth to jail yet?
Ann T.
Post a Comment
<< Home