Saturday, February 16, 2008

Stupid magnet

Somehow in some way, I'm a stupid magnet. Stupidity flocks to me like pilgrims making the journey to the Holy Land. Sometimes, it's funny. Most of the time, I hate it.

I don't think it's too much to ask for a little peace and quiet when a guy hits up the convenience store for a little snack and hydrating beverage at 4 AM. Apparently the God(s)/Karma/whoever doesn't agree.

It's a proven fact people lose the ability to distinguish decibel level when sloshed. I encountered one such man last night.

"SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! It's the cops. Fuggin cops are here!" he said, loud enough for people on the west coast to hear. I silently said a prayer that I wouldn't have to shoot this douche as I moved to the back of the store by the coolers. His female companion was frantically trying to get him to shut his yap.

"What!? I can say anything I want. You were married to a cop ferchrissakes. OH! SHHHHHHHH! He's coming back!"

"Take him home...now," I told the woman. She grabbed her soda and smokes and dragged him out the store. All the while he's yelling "What! I din do nofin!"

Cripes. What a loser.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

I thought every convenience store came fully equipped with a moron like this. Seems like every one I've ever been in has one!

2/18/2008 3:15 AM  
Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said...

Was it Danny Bonaduce? Just askin'. :)

2/19/2008 3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home