Monday, December 14, 2009

Hope

I'm embarrassed to admit that this blog has become a dumping ground for all the disappointment, contempt, and hate I have for society as a whole. I pursued this career not to fight the public, but to be the rock that they went to when their whole world dropped out on them. A handful of years experience later and I feel like I lost my way, only didn't know it until recently.

Somehow I stumbled on the website Gives Me Hope. Fourteen or so pages later of reading stories of small and large acts of kindness and compassion and I was ashamed that I didn't do more things like I'd read.

I share this in hopes that 1) if you're burnt out and lost faith in the human race, it may help you too, and 2) to serve as a reminder to myself. From now on, I'm going to work to make a difference every day; small victories through small acts. I know it's no small feat, but I've got to try.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger HepCat said...

Moe,

Thank you for putting this link out there. I read only the first page, and it reminded me of what we are here for.

All people aren't all bad. I will be going back to givesmehope.com from time to time to remind me of that.

12/15/2009 12:53 AM  
Blogger Ann T. said...

Dear Moe,
I echo Bill's comments. I started reading and couldn't stop.

Anyway, I also think communicating frustration is not a bad thing, so don't beat yourself up about your blog. I've been reading steadily since I found your site, and have learned a lot.

But yes, I wish us all happiness and hope. Thanks for finding this site!

Sincerely,
Ann T.

12/15/2009 9:49 AM  
Blogger Bob G. said...

Moe:
God bless ya, son...you really "get it".

Life is about trying...and sometimes falling down.
The challenge to us, is being able to get BACK UP, and try it again.

And HOPE plays a major part of it.

Our successes should never be measured by WHAT WE HAVE, but rather WHO WE BECOME as a person, and how we affect others along the journey.

Take care & stay safe out there, Boss!

12/15/2009 12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moe,

As someone who knows you personally, I know you are a good man and have a heart of gold, and you have a good head on your shoulders so please try not to let things get to you.

Keep your chin up and flash your incredible smile. It will make someone's day.

Please be safe out there, and thank you for all that you do.

BTW, T & C say hi. ;)

12/15/2009 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention that I started reading that site and couldn't stop. Such beautiful and touching sentiments echoed by so many people and they truly do give a person hope.

It is bookmarked and I will pass this on to many.

Thank you again.

12/15/2009 2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take care. http://10-9.blogspot.com

12/15/2009 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home