Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I don't think so...

I was told that the head honcho gave a verbal order that there would be no citations or written warnings issued until after the holidays for traffic offenses. Instead, we are to warn them and offer them happy holiday wishes. Over 30 days of motor vehicular lawlessness.

When did I become a Walmart greeter?

I'm going to go ahead and ignore this until it comes out in memo form - then I'm faxing copies to every news organization in the state.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Captain Tightpants said...

Yeah that's just as bad as having quotas...

Sure, I may show a bit more discretion during the holiday season, but I'm not giving everyone a free pass.

Talk about a dumb idea.

12/02/2009 8:24 PM  
Blogger HepCat said...

No one gets a 100% free ride, no matter what time of year it is. Thanksgiving I arrested a guy for DUI. He said "Can't you give me a break? It's Thanksgiving." I replied, "It's just Thursday for me."

12/02/2009 11:58 PM  
Blogger Ann T. said...

Dear Moe,
This is hysterical. Where I'm from, they call citations a deterrent and hand them out for misbehavior. We don't get warm fuzzies. We get safe roads.

Moe, glad to see you're hanging in after the holiday stats and the daily news. Not that it matters, but I've been checking back on you.

Ann T.

12/03/2009 8:03 AM  
Blogger Bob G. said...

Moe:
Sound like some PCBS to me, Buddy!
If anything, citations should be on the incease (now)...not decline...but that's "just me".

Do what YOU feel serves the public (and your) safety the BEST...
Think w/your head and feel w/your gut.
(It might be worth a "call on the carpet" to save a life)

Stay safe.

12/03/2009 11:18 AM  
Blogger Marjorie said...

That's crazy!

Where I live (In the UK) trafic patrols are generally INCREASED around Christmas (backed up by TV ads about the dangers of drink driving) as of course there are so many people going to Christmas parties etc. and the risk of rink driving increases.

Driving home last night I noticed the police were pulling peopel over (I think proving information/advice about safety, but don#t actually know as mine wasn't one of the cars pulled over)

It's all very well to want to be charitable around christmas tiem but I'd rather feel I was safe as I travel around, becasue anyone stupid enough to drink & rive will be safely pulled over and banned, thank you very much!

12/07/2009 6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home