Sunday, December 14, 2008

Another boring day

"I took this job because it's something different everyday."

If you've ever watched COPS, you've heard someone say it, Hell, I've said it myself before. For the most part, it's true. I say most part because sometimes it is the same repetitive things everyday. You see the same ratbags doing the same thing you pinched them doing two days earlier. Sure, our lenient court system is partly to blame. Mostly it's that people are idiots. We're not talking about NASA scientists here, though you do occasionally find someone who surprises you. For the most part, they're fools.

Some days. however, you see something that you never have before. I had one such day this week. I was dispatched to speak with a "Mrs. Levi" regarding a theft from her residence. I arrived and the only person there was a 450 pound man, about 55 years old.

"I'm looking for a "Mrs. Levi."

"That's me, I called," he replied.

"Wait...what?"

"Mrs. Levi" is actually Frank Levi. Frank always fancied himself more of a woman than a man. Only, Frank doesn't dress like a woman, talk like a woman, and hasn't had any operations to his male parts. Nope, the only thing feminine about Frank is his ladies wallet. If I haven't mentioned it yet, he's creepy as hell too. Like hair on the back of my neck standing up, don't turn your back to this guy creepy.

Well at this point, the my brain punches out and heads home for the day. It had heard enough.

Frank is convinced his 82 year old neighbor who maneuvers with a walker broke into his house and stole 80 dollars from his wallet. Frank whispers the entire time I interview him because he doesn't want his neighbor to hear. His 82 year old neighbor who lives 300 feet away from him - next door.

Normally when I deal with EDPs, they're stark raving mad. Or suicidal. But this...this was one giant mind fuck, at least for me. I got him to write a statement chalk full of his paranoia's and lack of evidence of ANY crime and got the hell out of there. Nothing is going to come of it and I'm not even sure there was any money. I just hope I never have to talk to that guy again.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger kateykakes said...

Ahhhhh, c'mon. He only wants to be your friend! :p

12/14/2008 5:00 PM  
Blogger Moe said...

I've got enough friends, thanks!

12/15/2008 1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home